Sunday, September 09, 2007

Is Race An Issue?

Okay, I do have active profiles on some sites that will remain nameless. (But clearly any gbm out there can narrow that down.) Anyways, a white dude hits me up asking what's this thing about race, why is race such an issue, yadda yadda yadda, it should be more about the person..... Thank you Sally Field for that monologue, but I'll pass.

I made it very clear that I'm only interested in men of color in my profile. If I was heterosexual, I'd only be interested in women of color. I look in the mirror each day and that is what I see. That's who I was raised around, admired, fell in love with. I have nothing against white men and find some to be quite attractive, but I am in love with Black People. I say that with no apologies. I think Black People are beautiful from the streets of Chicago to the sticks of Alabama to the damn African Congo. It's something about a black or latino (hispanic men are a weakness as well) man that can't be matched. I'm not ruling out ever dating a white guy, but it would definitely have to be someone SPECIAL.

No comments: