Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine


Okay, I know that I'm kinda late on this, but I did take the opportunity to finally watch "Little Miss Sunshine" and I must say that it was the type of movie I've longed to see for some time now. The story was different and interesting. The acting was on point (especially Alan Arkin and Toni Collette). Greg Kinnear (one of my fave actors) was very convincing as well. I was very impressed with newcomers Abigail Breslin and Paul Dano. They are new to me, lol. Steve Carrell (The Office, 40 Year Old Virgin) played a gay character that wasn't stereotypical or annoying as they tend to be on the silver screen. I believed his character and the situation surrounding him. Not to spoil the movie for anyone, but the take-away I recieved from this well put together piece is:

Find comfort and beauty in your skin and know that those that truly love you will support whatever you put your heart into.

This resonated throughout the film. As a black gay man it was refreshing and inspiring to see these characters explore themselves so willingly and openly. This movie really shows that it is okay to be yourself, love yourself, and that shit happens. But when shit hits the fan, those that are genuinely a part of your life are the ones that come armed with the pooper scoopers and Lysol. There are some movies I regret, but this one will clearly be on my "faves" list. If you haven't, check it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

fuzzy said...

I have not seen the movie but maybe I think I will check it out...