Friday, January 25, 2008

To Each Their Own

My grandmother, mother, sister, aunts, friends, associates are all members of this historically black sorority. I can not understand why men would want to replicate this. I have not done my proper research, nor do I know any MIAKAs. I do recall sometime ago seeing some dudes stroll around a club like Deltas. That was real....different. It's just kind of odd to me, as there are plenty of frats, social clubs, professional organizations, community service organizations, GLBT organizations and the like. I'm not sure if the AKAs should be flattered or flustered with all this mimickery. It pales in comparison to the real thing. A "Real-Deal Holyfied" AKA is nothing short of a classy, sophisticated lady. However, to each their own. If it makes them happy....



Thoughts? Opinions? Anything! Not passing judgement, just really would like some more insight into the what, when, where, and why of all this. Any MIAKAs out there.....Hello......

No comments: