Saturday, June 07, 2008

The House was BROUGHT down!!!!


I had the opportunity recently, last night specifically, to witness true artistry in it's most modest form. I've blogged abour her before. I must continue to sing the praises of none other than Ledisi. I caught her concert in ATL and she is in the vein of Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Angie Stone, Jill Scott, but then she is so different. The girl can blow and her story is remarkable. I can't wait for her next CD and/or concert. She has a jazzy feel and flow that makes the song all hers. I stood on my feet for nearly 2 hours and couldn't find it in me to complain because the sista put on a show. It is so nice to see that music is still music. She kept it real and I loved it. If she comes to your area...GO! Ole' Girl takes it to church and then she takes it to the juke joint.

No comments: