Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When to say When...


I never really understood the plastic surgery craze, particularly in the black community. I could honestly see it's purpose in reducing the appearance of an unsightly scar, but to just throw your face away. Hell no! Most of the people that I think have suffered under the knife, looked perfectly fine beforehand. I've ran across bits and pieces of Dancing With The Stars. Although, I'm rooting for Lil' Kim, not a second goes by that I wonder what was dying inside her, to allow her face to be mutilated. She calls herself the black Barbie. If that was her goal, it was missed completely. Black girls aren't supposed to look like Barbie. Black girls are supposed to look like black girls, with black noses, black lips, etc... There was a whole Black is Beautiful movement that I think she totally come back into play these days. I think this will be yet another thing the Obama's will be secretly charged with. Michelle and Barack haven't had a lick of work done. I'm hoping that everybody can look at them, and just find comfort in their own skin. I was going to get on Michael Jackson, but that's been done. Michael said to hell with being black, to hell with even being a human being. He looks like something from Star Trek:Deep Space Nine. Vivica Fox is another one. The thing I liked about her in the beginning of her career was that she looked like a round the way girl. She wasn't ugly, nor was she super hollywood glam. She was that cute girl that you could see walking in your neighborhood, working the checkout at your local Winn-Dixie, teaching 6th grade at the elementary, or singing in the church choir. She now looks like another Barbie wannabe. These cosmetic procedures are dangerous and not worth it in my opinion. Especially, if you wind up looking like a long lost, evil cousin of your former self. I digress...

No comments: