Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anita Baker is Long Overdue

In a non MJ related post, I went to see Anita Baker live at Chastain Park this past weekend. She was fabulous. She looked every bit of thirty something and sounded every bit of the "Rapture" and "Sweet Love" the radio speaks of. It rained, but not even that could've spoiled the evening. With wine in hand, she took me on a rollercoaster of emotions, as I reminisced on past loves and the overall longing to get some of that stufff she sings so sweetly about it. She said it herself that she wanted to do more political songs, but she sings love songs better. That is the damn truth. Where is her Lifetime Achievement Award? Next year, BET Awards can redeem themselves with a fitting tribute to Anita Baker. I can see Tamia, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, Jazmine Sullivan, or even a Solange could be a part of the lineup.

One of my fave Anita Baker songs..."Watch Your Step" (Aint that Truth)

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the clip and the song. I will be glad when she come out with her next CD. She can come out with a CD every year and I will but it.

The Love Of Psoemetry said...

That was very good. I live here in Atlanta but had already gotten my tickets or the Detroit concert. I felt like I was there reading this. Anita is a gem for real. I am counting down to DTE and can barely wait.