Sunday, September 23, 2007

Vacay: The End Of An Era

I have been on vacation since last Friday and I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed myself to the upmost. It gave me some time to relax and reflect on my life, as well as my future. I'm very happy to say that some decisions are almost firm in my mind about the direction I plan on taking. It's just a matter of me not chickening out or getting side tracked. I am known to look for distractions and later translate those into excuses as to why something did or did not happen. I'm 26 and life is only beginning for me. Enough of all this philosophical stuff.......

I spent the earlier part of my week in NYC.(Yes, I decided to go anyway) I love the city and it always proves to be a welcome excursion from the south. I went and saw the Color Purple and I must say that Miss Barrino was born for the stage. She channels a whole new characterization of Celie. I am truly proud of her.

I got pissy drunk at Langston's, so I don't really remember much of that. LOL. All in all, I enjoyed myself immensely and I can't wait to return. Saw some celebs, ate a lot of junk, saw some very cute guys, ate a lot of junk, did some shopping, saw some cute guys, ate a lot of junk, did some sightseeing, ate a lot of junk. I was on my best behavior, by the way. There were no hook-ups on this trip. My pants were zipped up the entire time. LOL

I am currently in Florida, soaking up the sun and preparing for my journey back to my bread and butter. I truly hate it and I could stay on vacay forever.

3 comments:

fuzzy said...

Long vacations are over rated!

That Dude Right There said...

You have me wanting to take a long vacation to NYC.

life said...

Seem like you had a great vacation...stick to your guns about whatever decisions you've made.