Friday, January 04, 2008

He snuck up on me....


I love music......So it's nothing for me to buy a CD without hearing a single off of it. That's what I did with the recent Rahshaan Patterson release, Wine and Spirits. Initially, I wasn't really feeling it at all. But after a few go-rounds in the car, I fell in love with it. This man is a real lyricist. His word choice is unique and poignant. If you're looking for a CD that will really inspire thought, this is the one. I do not own any of his previous albums, but I think I'm going to have to check them out. From the infectious lead single, "Stop Breaking My Heart", to one of my anthems for 2008, "Deliver Me", Rashaan has captured the essence of true music. It's not about fancy beats and A/B rhyme schemes, it's about the message and pure talent. The boy can sing and doesn't have a problem in emoting whatever is on his mind, or in his heart. If you haven't already, grab a copy of Wine and Spirits. It is a feel good, conversation piece-type of album.


3 comments:

fuzzy said...

sounds like a good album thus far... I have a question, why is it that artists with gospel influence seem to have a feminine flair about them? I say this because I see this mostly in the gospel and gospel influenced artists...

Unknown said...

Great music...great musician...gay as a fruit basket!

That Dude Right There said...

I'm gonna have to check this dude out. I can't name a song he sings, but I have heard nothing but good about him.