Monday, December 29, 2008

The Brink

We are stepping on the heels of 2009, as we walk/run/jog/sail/fly/drive from 2008. The mode of transportation all depends on the year you had. I can honestly say that I'm grateful for everything that 2008 brought. There was some lemonade, but with lemonade there comes lemons.

Each year I have taken on the daunting task of making resolutions and promises, only to see them broken and unfulfilled. Ultimately, it makes me feel like a total failure. I'll literally beat myself up about it.

I'm not sure if I'll go down the road of jotting this stuff down. There is a great deal of soul searching that has to take place in my life. I can't limit that process to the remainder of 2008.

I've learned that life is a process that is not limited to 365 days. It takes time. However, I will use this time wisely. Maybe, I'll resolve to use this time wisely. No specifics. God knows. I know. Use this time wisely.

No comments: