Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Random Holiday Wishes

I'm not alone in being in reciept of the million holiday themed text messages. I lost count early yesterday morning. They all come from a good place, but I find them a little unecessary. Technology has damn near erradicated the more thoughtful tradition of sending a Christmas card. I particularly would send out the most beautiful African American inspired cards to friends, coworkers, and family alike. It's those little touches that make the difference. A mass, random text to everyone in your calling list is informal and generic at most. However, in this economy and climate I realize postage may be a little much. However, there are egreetings cards as an alternative.

Anyway, I said this all to say that a large number of my Christmas texts came from mysterious numbers. I never text them back to say "Who Is This?". For several reasons like:
  1. They thought of me enough to save my number on their phone.
  2. They are simply wishing me a merry Christmas, not requesting a kidney.
  3. Maybe I should leave well enough alone.

Needless to say, I didn't know what ex-boyfriend, ex-friend, one night stand, former co-worker, family member was behind a lot of the well wishes, but I am appreciative to be at the push of their thumb via the send button.

Has anyone out there had any interesting moments with anonymous Holiday text messengers?

No comments: