Thursday, July 22, 2010

I don't know where to begin....

I know I've been gone for a minute, but I am going to make a commitment to blogging again. There has been so much going on, but for the most part it hasn't all been productive. I am a serious procrastinator and distraction lover. I wait until the last minute and even in that moment, I look for something else to do.

It's time to grow the hell up. At damn near 30, you'd think that to be a ridiculous statement, but it's true. The hair on my face. Bass in my voice. Height. Weight. Education. None of that means a hill of beans when you can't face the present in a mature manner. I've been running away and running in circles. If it is to be, it is up to me. It's a process I've avoided for damn near 30 years. Long overdue.

What are you guys reading out there? I'm reading a book entitled "Growing Up Black". It's a collection of essays that include the stories of Amiri Baraka, Angela Davis and Maya Angelou to name a few. It captures poignant moments in their coming of age. I find it ironic that I would be reading this book and experiencing the recent eye openers on my very own immaturity.

Adam4Adam and BGC may have become an addiction for me. I don't necessarily hook up with any of the guys, but the sites were becoming a Facebook for me. So, I deleted both. I've deleted before. Let's see how long this last.

Until the next blog....

I may be late, but I'm loving VV Brown...

13 comments:

柯凡沈俊銘豐 said...

回應是我能為您做的最大的支持..................................................................

玟君張 said...

第一忠誠,第二勤奮,第三專心工作。..................................................

謝翁穎翰毓珍 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..................................................................

the~enigma said...

I def agree...I been gone a minute too with blogging after all I wrote. Lost a lot of viewers but yeah I am nearing that 30 too and its time again to start making moves. I have become stagnant and need to keep things moving forward without letting people that aren't positive hold me back.

I just wrote an update post trying to get back into the groove of things.

Get focused and realize where you were before and where you are now. If it isn't where you want to be only you can change your situation. Set a goal of where you want to be and setup a plan to get there within a time frame......

秀李李迪秀李李迪 said...

婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。.................................................................

偉曹琬 said...

想別人怎樣對你,你便怎樣對待別人。......................................................

冰微 said...

時時刻刻抵抗誘惑,就是一種勝利。............................................................

esthermelvin said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考,............................................................

建枫 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

316 said...

No pains, no gains.......................................................................

陳欣陳玟珮陳玟珮琦 said...

若有人問你成功時會不會記得他 試問若你失敗時他會不會記得你......................................................................

fdsaf said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考,..................................................... ............