Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Making Whoopi!


I understand on yesterday's The View, Whoopi Goldberg opened the flood gates immediately. I love me some Celie and I think she is a Star Jones and Rosie O'Donnel wrapped all in one. I think The View may be worth a watch every now and then. I don't know how I'll watch, considering I'm at work when the show airs. Whoopi Goldberg defended Michael Vick and I must say, being born and bred in the South, I can see where she was coming from. Some folks are so quick to jump to conclusions about Vick. I personally do not agree with the practice, but I also feel there may be some truth to how Whoopi rationalized the situation.

Here is what she had to say:

“You know from his background this is not an unusual thing for where he comes from,” said Goldberg.
“There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of our country.”

"For a lot of people, dogs are sport," Goldberg said on the show. "Instead of just saying (Vick) is a beast and he's a monster, this is a kid who comes from a culture where this is not questioned."


Now I have been in the "sticks" and this so sad, but so true. The old saying goes, "When you know better, you do better". I expect PETA and other Humane groups to go after Whoopi's dreads soon, but she's speaking. Go 'head Whoopi shake things up fresh out of the blocks!

1 comment:

fuzzy said...

I'm behind someone who will stir things up and get the ball rollin! GO HEAD WHOOPI!!!