Monday, October 06, 2008

Whose View Is It Anyway?


Okay, I'm guilty. Honestly, I''m extremely guily of indulging in the early morning chat fest known simply as"The View". Barbara Walter's brainchild has been a sporadic staple in my life. It all depended on what was going on in the world, if i was off of work, etc...... I have religiously tuned in as of late because I love Whoopi and I enjoy their Hot Topics segment. With all that being said, I've come to notice that the show's title "The View" has become far more appropriate lately. Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the staunch Republican cannot ever get a word in edge wise. I may not agree with her philosophies or opinions, but I do like to hear where others are coming from. She's constantly being cut off and hushed like a little baby. When she does get the opportunity to speak, her words are well thought out and researched. I don't think that it's fair for her to be treated the way she does simply because she's in the minority. "The View" is exactly that, a one-sided view that doesn't welcome opposing thought and opinion. I'm a certified Demorat and often high five my TV when Whoopi, Joy, Sheri, or Barbara speak the truth. I just feel as though Republicans deserve to have their voices heard on there as well. I think open, honest communication is the gateway to resolution. So, let's stop censoring (bullying) Elizabeth and DISCUSS the issues.......


By the way, I would love to see Rosie and Star back on the show. I think the ratings and quality would go out the roof. As controversial as both of them may be, you can't negate the fact that they are both intelligent women.

2 comments:

D-Place said...

I confess I tivo the view for the hot topics. Sometimes I don't feel like hearing them cackle so I just delete it. However, I do belive they should let Elilzabeth get what she has to say out as long as she stays on the topic. She tends to go off in the direction to attack Obama as a norm.

fuzzy said...

I stamp this for real for real! I have only watched the show on a few occasions but have enjoyed every viewing! Comcast DVR is coming and will be filled with The view, heroes and idk whatever else interesting comes on! lol